~Neesh~

La Vita E Bella

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Spring in The Air


A beautiful world it is...flowers blooming under the sun, the air of spring whistling through the winds. I wake up to the tune of singing birds. Are they saying something...or are they merely singing their song...i prefer to believe they're saying something. I see rain swishing past my window...i see it clearly against the dark bricks of the house opposite. Something smells good right now. I don't mean food...i mean something just feels good. The singing birds seem to be saying something good. Gut feelings says it's about home...instinct says it's something to do with home too...logic says it's merely mother nature. I still prefer to believe it's about home. Anxious...the good ol' sun, the horrid humidity, the thundering rain, the burning-hot food, the mud...but none of those would've meant anything without the circle of malacca hooligans I've grown with…and who’ve put up with me just as much. I have learned...it's not the big things that matter...it's the little things that do. We don’t fall in love with someone who tells big jokes...we fall in love with people who say so many little silly things that add up to so much more joy than a big laugh from a big joke. We enjoy popcorns and icecreams more than we enjoy big luxurious dinner-for-the-refined. We worry more about the little silent-fights than the rock-hard punches. Our home doesn’t make it’s place with the big antique furniture...it makes it’s place with someone's favourite mug and a child’s hiding corner and maybe even a girl’s secret diary. I have learned…it’s not the big things that matter…it’s the little things that do. Yet it's the big things we go chasing after...the big degree, the big name, the big promotion...funny creatures we are, human beings. It's just the way we've been made...(or just the way we choose to be?) Whichever it is...we're all part of a beautiful nature master-piece. Oddly enough, i'm happy to be part of it...never thought i'd say that.
Just felt like writing something here…nothing solid enough worth reading though. This weather is seriously making me all mushy…been raining all day and am loving every bit of it. Never been a fan of sunshine...unless I need to dry clothes urgently.
~Life is beautiful~